Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Hiphop Tutorials- Learn at Home

In yesterday's post, I mentioned working with a hiphop tutorial video for a combo I would be doing in my hiphop class. The guy who does them, Matt Steffanina, has lots of tutorials on YouTube with varying degrees of difficulty. No-one "gets it" immediately. It is something you need to spend some time on and work at it whether you are a complete beginner or a seasoned hip hopper. If I were to learn this complete routine, I would estimate that it would take me at least 5 hours. I have 3 years of hiphop experience, but I am quite slow at learning choreography. My youngest daughter would likely have this routine perfected in an hour. If you want to put the time in and work on a new skill, these videos are very thorough and easy to follow. Here is the one I'm working on:



Who knows? If I get enough support, I may just embarrass myself and post a video of my finished product when I've learned the whole thing.

No comments: